BUILD SOMETHING GREAT
I work with smart, experienced, capable leaders...who get stuck. Together we design HIGH IMPACT projects to build INFRASTRUCTURE, SKILLS, TEAMS & CULTURES capable of happily producing GREAT results. A few popular examples:
- CRITICAL FACTORS PLANNING & PROJECTS: These are leadership team projects that identify, prioritize and execute projects to build systems and structures for greater efficiency and better quality.
- LEADERSHIP/MANAGEMENT TRAINING: Training in core skill sets to be more effective with each other and with teams.
- MEETINGS: Most meetings are inefficient, unproductive. Some are actually painful. Training and coaching helps teams learn how to speed up the process AND produce better decisions and results.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Systems, training, and coaching to help leaders hold people accountable in healthy ways that feel good and produce better results.
- RESET SESSIONS TO RESOLVE CONFLICT: Powerful, strategic, FAST interventions to get people or teams back to healthy, productive working relationships.
This type of work quickly produces SIGNIFICANT RETURNS in the short and long term. The work works harder and works better because it works on the system, not just one of the parts. Projects solve multiple problems in multiple directions, creating a foundation and work environment that supports great work getting done.
These are the kind of solutions that fit and feel right for you and your people. They get obstacles out of the way and unleash momentum. You find yourself thinking that THIS is the way it should have been the whole time.
INFRASTRUCTURE LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT TEAMS & CULTURE
Infrastructure is the systems and processes and structures that are supposed to help you and your people do great work. Most organizations have some systems that work and some that don't, some that need to be built and some that exist but don't work because people work around them.
Wherever your infrastructure doesn't actually work FOR you, it actively works AGAINST you; slowing down results, frustrating good people, and hiding problems.
SIGNS YOU HAVE INFRASTRUCTURE PROBLEMS
- You deal with the same problem over and over and OVER again
- Lots of emergencies & nasty surprises
- You can't ever get caught up
- No clear big picture plan
- People work around the systems you do have
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
Many of the problems, a lot of the frustration and most of the waste that exists in an organization is caused by a lack of skill, alignment and effectiveness on the part of the management team. Despite the disproportionate impact they have on their organizations, most leaders have never been taught the key skills they need to be effective.
Better leaders with better skills build better organizations and get better results.
SIGNS YOU HAVE SIGNIFICANT SKILL GAPS IN YOUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
- You have a lot of long meetings that don't accomplish much.
- You put up with/work around people instead of confronting them.
- Important stuff is getting missed.
- You spend too much time dealing with petty conflicts, attitude issues, and a general lack of responsibility / effort / results.
- Clear standards either don't exist or aren't enforced. There is a lot of inconsistency in how people are managed and behave.
TEAMS & CULTURE
Great teams and great cultures set and maintain clear goals and standards. They use smart processes and tools to help eliminate confusion and sidestep the natural conflicts that usually bog down productivity. They have a strategy for becoming the kind or organization they want to be, and they work at it. Their people have a lot more fun and consistently produce good results, sometimes even extraordinary ones.
The kinds of teams and cultures that produce GREAT results never happen by accident. They are designed, built, nurtured, maintained and fought for ongoingly.
SIGNS YOUR TEAMS AND CULTURE COULD USE AN UPGRADE
- Your Executive Team is o.k. (or bad) but not highly aligned or effective.
- People tend to dump or hand off problems vs. own and solve them.
- Good people leave.
- People aren't growing, aren't learning, aren't getting trained.
- Things aren't awesome, people are't very engaged, energy is low, it's not fun.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT OR CHANGE MANAGEMENT EXPERT, EXECUTIVE COACH, MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, SPEAKER, FACILITATOR, TRAINER...
The work I do goes by a lot of different names. Human organizations are complex things. It's tough sometimes to know what the real problem is, let alone how to fix it, who to call, what to ask for and how much to pay for it.
My approach is designed to be pragmatic. You should get the level of services that fits your goals AND your budget. Sometimes projects are small and fast, like a short training session or a couple of days of strategic planning. Some projects involve hundreds of people across multiple locations and agencies and take over a year to complete.
Have some questions?
Like talking to a real person? You can call me directly at 720-273-3286. (I still answer my own phone.)
Prefer NOT to talk to a real person, at least not right away? Email me at email@example.com